What Are Clinical Trials?
Clinical trials evaluate new drugs or medical devices to prevent, diagnose and treat disease. Trials can range from small studies at a single location to international efforts enrolling thousands of participants. Results from trials provide biologic insight that can help improve our understanding of disease and lead to the approval of new drugs or medical devices. At the University of Colorado, our faculty offer hundreds of different clinical trials across many disease settings and patient groups.
Other Trial Information
- Children's Hospital Colorado
- University of Colorado Barbara Davis Center for Diabetes
- University of Colorado Blood Cancer & Bone Marrow Transplant Program
- University of Colorado Cancer Center
- University of Colorado Charles C. Gates Center for Regenerative Medicine and Stem Cell Biology
- University of Colorado Division of Geriatrics
Learn More About Trials
- What are the Different Types of Clinical Research? (U.S. Food and Drug Administration)
- Clinical Trials Information for Patients and Caregivers (National Cancer Institute)
- Taking Part in Cancer Treatment Research Studies (National Cancer Institute)